Did you know zucchini is high in fiber, water and low in carbohydrates? This makes it a filling food with very few calories. It is also high in vitamin A and C. This promotes eye and immune health.
Zucchini Frittata (serves 4)
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (shred on large hole box grater, squeeze excess water and reserve)
- 1/2 cup zucchini water (see above)
- 1 cup low fat pancake mix
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Beat to combine eggs and zucchini water. Then, mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Place the batter in a 13 X 9 baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
each serving:302 calories/total fat 17.6g (saturated 9.7g) cholesterol 204 mg, sodium 625 mg, total carbohydrates 14.7g (dietary fiber 1.7g, total sugar 3.2g) protein 21.1g